08 August 2008

N755NA - Barack Obama's Charter



US Presidential candidate Barack Obama (D) is chartering a North American Airlines 757-28A, N755NA (c/n 30043), and the jet has been painted in special colors for his campaign, with both his slogan and logo. Senator Obama (D-IL) was born in Honolulu, and graduated from Punahou School, and is here with his family to vacation, visit with family living here, and appear at a political fundraiser. It's sort-of a homecoming, and first visit to Hawai‘i since announcing his presidential campaign.

His flight was delayed for over two hours, as thousands waited at nearby Ke‘ehi Park, where Obama was to make an appearance at a rally put on by local supporters, before heading to his hotel.

I wanted to get a photo of the plane, and thought it had already arrived. According to camera crews, they said the flight was late. I found a vantage point where local TV camera crew were waiting, and was allowed to take photos of the arrival alongside them. I did not really care if I got a shot of Obama, I just wanted the plane, and I got it. The press corps exited the aircraft first, and in fact the Obamas' had yet to exit the aircraft when I left, which was about 20 minutes after the plane parked.

A special mahalo to the airport security staff for allowing me to get these shots.

1 comment:

Aeros said...

Hehe looks like my company got the ground handling contract.